twitter facebook instagram bloglovin tumblr google plus pinterest youtube

Thursday 10 September 2015

A Hand Drafted Envelope Cushion For The Made Up Initiative


Last month I was reading Love Sewing with a coffee looking at all the new exciting patterns when a story really hit me as a great idea.

 
The Made Up Initiative was launched last month for sewers to pledge money to charity to make up a project to a deadline! I decided to open up my sewing stash and make a difference.


The initiative supports the National Literacy Trust, as Mum who takes her little girl to the library on a weekly basis this really hit home. I was amazed with the facts that one person in six in the UK lives with poor literacy.

Made Up logo ii

Since being a Mum, not only does my daughter come home from our library with books, so do I! I have found a new love of books. I love the craft section in my library and my pledge to support the Made Up campaign is to make a hand drafted envelop cushion inspired by my last craft book I loaned. It was a French inspired soft furnishing book loaned to make a dent in my soft furnishing fabrics!


I have had these duck egg, lilac jacquard home furnishing fabrics in my stash for months and I have planned and planned again to make cushions to match my Laura Ashley sofa. And I am delighted I have done them! I love the colours and textures to match my sitting room colours.


I wanted a shabby chic look with the different patterned fabrics.



And here is my Made Up envelope cushion, it's a pretty and simple project but these are always the ones we leave to one side for the more glam dress and cutie baby/toddler clothes?


Have you made the pledge?

Happy Sewing,

Samantha
 

No comments:

blogger template